Pages

Thursday 12 March 2009

Solferino in Twenty Minutes - making the playing board

On Tuesday morning I managed to buy the mounting board from which I am making the playing board for SOLFERINO IN TWENTY MINUTES, and I began work this morning. However, after about an hour's work I realised that it just did not look right. I tried a couple of the playing pieces on the half-finished board ... and immediately saw the problem; I had made the squares too small.

I had thought that 3" squares would be large enough, and had begun making the playing board with squares of that size. I have now started again using 4" squares (which are nearly twice the area of the 3" squares) and the new board looks much better even though it is quite a bit larger.

With any luck I should finish it later today (I have to allow the PVA glue to dry after I have laid about 16 of the 4" squares onto the back board), and I may even be able to play-test the rules within the week. The timing of the play-test depends upon when Richard and I can get together for a long enough session to run through the game and to debug any problems that might arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.