Pages

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Modified Morschauser ‘Modern’ Period Wargames Rules

In the light of the excellent feedback I have had from Jim Wright and others I spent an hour or so this morning re-writing the existing draft of these rules. Whilst I have kept to the spirit of the original, the actual wording of the rules is now fast becoming either my own or Jim Wright’s.

Besides opting for the ‘high score = good result’ mechanisms suggested by Jim Wright, I have changed the term ‘Melee’ to ‘Close Combat’ throughout. I have also tried to sort out the anomaly regarding opposing Basic Units being in adjacent squares and not being obliged to fight each other that I included in my previous draft of Wednesday 4th November 2009.

I hope to play-test this new draft of the rules as soon as possible, but pressure of work might make it difficult for me to do so before next weekend. I have already sketched out a scenario that will enable both sides to field some Tank and Antitank Gun Basic Units in addition to their Infantry and Artillery, and it should be interesting to see how much difference these additional types of Basic Unit will make to the outcome of the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.