Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

The portable wargame: Another 'country' to fight over

I have spent a bit of time today experimenting with different methods of representing roads and rivers on my vinyl chessboard. As I did not have the time to go to the local craft shop or branch of the John Lewis Partnership, I had to rely on what I had to hand.

In the end I used grey card for the roads and light blue (probably too light blue)card for the rivers. I experimented with the repositionable glue dots, but at a cost of £1.29 for a pack of 64, they seemed like they could end up being quite pricey to use in the long run. I then had a brainwave ... and dug out my trusty tube of Copydex.

Because it is a latex-based rubber cement, it will not stick permanently to vinyl. In fact, any residue is removable with a wipe of a damp cloth. It will, however, hold things in place until they need to be removed.

It only needed a few small 'dots' of Copydex to 'glue' the roads and rivers in place ... and the end result (with other terrain items added as well) looked like this:

I hope to use this terrain to fight a battle over later tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could still get Copydex. I think I last used it to assemble some card buildings - in the 1970s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Gow,

    Yes! It is still available ... and excellent for fixing figures to temporary bases during the painting process.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.