Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

The portable wargame: An experiment

I have had several requests for copies of the rules I have been using with my portable wargame, and so I am going to try to make them available to anyone who wants them. I have never used the method I am going to try to use, so this is by way of being an experiment. It may work ... or it may not, but if I don't give it a try I will not know if this is the best method to use in future.

I have uploaded a pdf version of the rules to Google Docs, and have made access available via the following link:
Frontier/Musket Wargames Rules for use with a chessboard battlefield

6 comments:

  1. Bob,

    I tried the link, then entered my Google Account ID and password as requested, only to get a message saying that either the document was unavailable or I did not have permission to view it.

    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I tried your link To the Frontier rules Bob, and the Google said it was unavailable or, I needed permission. Is there a special password?

    I'd enjoy trying them as I also use Lost battles (square grid) for some of my ancients.
    Appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interested in rules - library tells me I do not have authority to access the file - is access restricted?

    Regards

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur1815, Brigadier Dundas, and MSFoy,

    Sorry about the problem. I followed the instructions that Google have on their Google Docs page, but obviously I must have misunderstood or done something wrong. I will try to correct the problem later this evening or tomorrow morning, and I will put a new link on my blog.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though you own an IPad I see that you still haven't been able to persuade Google docs to let us access the rules Bob.

    Ahh, the lure of modern technology.

    NOT sent from an Apple, pear or any other exotic fruit

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tone,

    The purchase of the iPad and the problems with Google Docs are purely coincidental; someone else was using the iPad when I was setting up the document on Google Docs ... and I bet you can guess who it was!

    I hope to sort the problem out later this evening or early tomorrow morning.

    All the best,

    Bob

    Sent from my trusty PC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.