Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

The portable wargame: Another arms-length play-test

Much to my surprise ... and pleasure ... someone else ran a play-test of the latest draft of the PORTABLE WARGAME rules yesterday.

On this occasion, littlejohn (the writer of the 'Lead Gardens' blog) fought a Napoleonic battle with the rules, and other than adding a very simple rule that allowed Infantry to form square when approached by Cavalry, he used the rules 'as is', and seems to have had a great game!

It is nice to read that other people are both using my PORTABLE WARGAME rules and finding that they can tweak them to suit slightly different historical periods. After the day at work that I have had, this is the sort of news that gladdens my heart!

6 comments:

  1. I thought that the news about this playtest might brighten your day . . . that's why I let you know.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I managed a historical refight of Quatre Bras this very afternoon as well...you rules are a First Class effort! ...Thanks Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluebear Jeff,

    Many thanks for the kind thought.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Littlejohn,

    Well done! I am glad that they worked so well.

    The rules had a very good parent - Joseph Morschauser - and all I have done is develop his ideas and add a few of my own. He deserves the real credit.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I just stopped in to report littlejohn's "Quatre Bras" fight using your rules . . . but he beat me to it.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluebear Jeff,

    Many thanks for letting me know. I will paying his blog a visit later today when I have more time.

    All the best,

    Bob

    PS. Please keep me aware of any other relevant blog entries that you find as you trawl through the blogosphere; it is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.