Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

I love the sound of horses' hooves in the morning!

I was sitting at my computer answering my emails when I heard the unmistakable sound of horses' hooves growing nearer. I grabbed my camera ... and was just in time to see the Royal Horse Artillery (who are based less than a mile away in Woolwich) exercising their horses on the road that runs past my house. The weather was wet, a fine rain was falling, but the sight and sound of those beautiful horses raised my spirits.




It was interesting to note from the photographs that each team of horses are closely matched for colour, and that their turn-out was superb.

8 comments:

  1. Did you need to get the shovel out after they'd passed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Broeders.

    I did not manage to get there before my neighbour! He did a very nice job of tidying up after the horses had passed.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob the Kings troop RHA will be puting on a display at the Honourable Artillery Company open day next tuesday (8th May) it's at finsbury Barracks in London from 17.00 to 20.30 entry is free and it's a great evening out. I went last year: http://toysoldiercollecting.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/This%20and%20That

    It's well worth a visit, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian Carrick,

    Thanks for this information. Unfortunately I have to be in Cheshunt that evening, otherwise I would have gone.

    I am a member of Friends of Firepower (the Royal Artillery's museum in Woolwich) and we have been invited to visit the RHA lines in Woolwich in June. I hope to be able to go, and if I do I will certainly write a blog entry about it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. They meet my socks criteria. None, an odd number, never four!

    Good catch!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of an old groaner from when I was a kid:

    Joe: I just got back from London--I wanted to see the changing of the Guard.

    Moe: So what was it like?

    Joe: I didn't see anything; they wouldn't let me in the locker-room.

    I can hear your gales of laughter from here. Or are those actually screams of agony...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris,

    More groans than screams!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.