Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

Portable Wargame: Modern wargames rules: progress is being made

I have begun work on writing the draft of what I am calling the PORTABLE WARGAME: MODERN rules (which I am abbreviating to PW:M). I intend to write an A4-sized booklet, and once that is finished I will extract the main rules and tables to create a Summary Sheet that should fit onto two sides of an A4-sized piece of paper.

I intend that the rules will be optimised for a squared grid and hope to include:
  • A 'scatter' mechanism for indirect artillery fire
  • Rules for self-propelled artillery (which were not included in previous drafts)
  • Rules for Combat Engineers (which were not included in previous drafts)
  • An easier to understand Close Combat mechanism (the current mechanism works but users complain that it seems to be counter-intuitive)
I hope to have the bulk of the writing completed over the weekend ... and then I can make them available online as well as starting the play-testing!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I look forward to playtesting the new version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, can I ask.. how modern is "Modern"? Are we basically talking just early 20thC, WW2ish era, or are you bringing it bang up-to-date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven Page,

    Hopefully you will have something to play-test by the middle of next week.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Vesuvius,

    To someone of my age 'modern' means 1900 to 1950 ... although they should be abstract enough to be used for the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil Broeders,

    With luck you should not need to twiddle for too long.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait!
    Half term will be enhanced for me by it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tradgardmastare,

    Hopefully you won't be disappointed!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.