Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Hurray for eBay!

A couple of forays on eBay this week have yielded some useful bits and pieces.

The first was a copy of a board game called CROSSHAND POKER. The game was brought to my attention by Pete Jones in a recent comment that he made in response to my post about making your own playing card tiles.


The game contains TWO full sets of plastic playing card tiles (including four Jokers). The tiles are slightly thicker than the ones supplied in the PLAY 5 game and will stand on their edges without any problems.

Having decided that it was quite possible to mix 15mm-scale vehicles and small 20mm-scale figures on the tabletop, I looked around on eBay from some suitable vehicles to add to my collection. I found several from various suppliers of collectible models made for the Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast AXIS & ALLIES MINIATURES game, including three T-26s (painted in Finnish camouflage) ...


... and a Hungarian Zrinyi Assault Howitzer.


I also have some other vehicles on order, but they have yet to arrive. When they are delivered I hope to feature them in a blog entry.

4 comments:

  1. Good going on the Finnish T-26s. I was lucky to get a few of the Chinese version.

    I'm now looking forward to a new troop type-Ski Troops!
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven Page,

    My intention was to repaint them in Russian/Rusland colours ... but now you have given me an idea or two.

    I will need to give this some thought.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. Look forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean,

    I have a busy fortnight ahead of me, but I hope to use my 'new' tanks by the end of February.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.