Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Feeling much better … and raring to go!

Both my wife and I are finally getting over the vestiges of the colds we have had for the last fortnight … although the current cold weather has not encouraged us to go too far today! (The wind-chill factor has ensured that the air temperature has barely risen much above 2°C all day, and we had a very violent hailstorm – with accompanying lightning – just after midday.)

I have just about managed to keep up with my emails and reading other people’s blogs even though I have not managed to get much done on my own account. The comments that I received in response to my blog entry about recent Matrix Game developments have been very thought-provoking … and have left me with one or two ideas that I may wish to explore at a later date.

With luck I will be firing on all cylinders by the weekend … and if I am, I intend to fight a play-test battle using the latest version of my Itchy and Scratchy rules.

6 comments:

  1. Conrad Kinch,

    Thanks very much old chap.

    I hope that your back is improving, and that the pain is beginning to diminish.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hail and lightning sounds nice. The 2 degree temperatures... not so much. I know why our ancestors (my great grandparents - in the male line - hailed from Essex) conquered the world: they wanted to get warm and dry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Archduke Piccolo,

    The hailstorm wasn't much fun if you were outside ... which I was for a very short time (i.e. until I got under cover!).

    As I get older I am finding the wet cold that we tend to get in the UK more and more difficult to cope with ... and it plays havoc with my arthritis.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to hear you are both feeling better.Reading the blogs of others can often be quite a tonic too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tradgardmastare,

    Thanks for your best wishes.

    Our minor health problems are quite insignificant compared to those that you and your wife are coping with ... and I hope that things are progressing well on those fronts.

    You are absolutely right; reading other people's blogs is quite a tonic, even if you are not in the mood to do anything yourself. Reading about their latest projects can be quite reinvigorating and motivating.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.