Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Out of the Shed: Even more HO-scale plastic model buildings

Whilst re-arranging the storage of some of the items that I had removed from the now-defunct shed, I found some more HO-scale plastic model buildings. These included two log cabins (which were almost identical to the ones I have just built from the kits I found in the shed), three small churches/chapels, and five very small chalet-style houses.



I bought the chalet-style houses and the church/chapel with the red roof and spire in Austria in 1965. They were sold ready-made as a set, and I used them in many of my earliest wargames. Since then they have been in storage and have moved house with me at least four times. Looking at them now they look just as good as they did when I bought them forty-nine years ago ... and I am determined to try to find a reason to use them in a wargame as soon as I can.

6 comments:

  1. 1965... Cripes, that'd be 9 years before I ever discovered actual war gaming... Plasticton, Plastiqueville, Plastikowitz, Plastikovo - They'll do for just about anywhere in Europe... Fine 'coolection' of buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archduke Piccolo,

    I bought them during a school skiing trip to Austria ... by which time I had been wargaming for some time.

    With luck I hope to use some of these buildings in the near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob are you sure your shed was not actually a Tardis? Fantastic haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striker,

    Not a Tardis, I'm afraid to say; just a very, very full shed! (It was so full that you could not get to anything.)

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I have all those but mine were bought piece by piece in Hitchin. We couldn't afford the luxury of a holiday outside the county.
    ;-)
    Have added many more but still favour the two log cabins and one of the churches and a line tower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robertpeel999,

    Isn't Hitchin in a foreign country? I ask because I needed a passport to travel outside Essex when I was a lad, and never went to exotic places in Hertfordshire before I became an adult.

    Seriously though, they are a great collection of buildings, and I wish that I had more of them. They were tall enough not to look silly with 20mm/25mm-scale figures but did not take up a huge amount of space on the tabletop. An ideal balance in my opinion.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.