Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Some more 20mm-scale German Colonial troops

One of the reasons why I wanted to visit the Skirmish Toy Soldier and Wargames Show in Sidcup last weekend was to meet David Crook and collect some painted 20mm-scale German Colonial troops from him. I already have some similar figures, and these additions will enable me to field quite a large German Colonial army ... although I do have some other projects that they will also be useful for.



These figures will probably need to be re-based on individual bases, and that is a task that I shall probably undertake over the forthcoming winter months.

A clue as to the alternative uses these figures might be put to is in the following images.



They are stills from a film. No prizes for guessing the two names of the film. (It was released with a different name in the USA from the one that it is known by in Europe.)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good haul.

    I am cutious about the movie, it appears to be something I should have seen but haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, ok. I searched on the picture and found the trailor. So, not in africa after all. But very relevant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross Mac,

    If you haven't seen this film ... you should!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    I think that I am going to have fun playing with these very nice toys ... and the film is excellent and - in my opinion - the best of the so-called spaghetti Westerns.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.