Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Saving General Lee's HQ at Gettysburg

Whilst I was away I received the following email message from one of my regular blog readers:
Bob,

A while back you let people know about the campaign to save some Waterloo Campaign-related property in Belgium.

There is a similar campaign going on in Pennsylvania--to save Lee's Headquarters at Gettysburg: http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields/gettysburg/gettysburg-2014/

I know a LOT of people in the hobby follow your site--would you please consider letting people know about this?

Either way, best regards as always,

Chris
I am more than happy to oblige, especially as this seems to be a very worthwhile cause. Once a building like this is lost, it is gone forever ... and cannot be brought back afterwards. As a historian, I appreciate the need to preserve our heritage from the ravages of 'progress', and I am more than willing to do my 'bit' to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.